Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm terrible at this...

So it was brought to my attention by a kind-hearted friend that I needed to update the blog! So needless to say its been since March since I last made an entry. So here I am updating...

This year I have decided not to write a Christmas letter...partly because I feel like we live boring lives and not much has changed this past year. But on the other hand we did celebrate a milestone, a family reunion and a baptism!

So let's get started...

This past August my family the Ireland's all got together for a family reunion. We rented a large cabin in the Smokie Mountains of Pigeon Forge, TN. All together there were 18 of us: 10 adults 8 grandchilren...and there was never a dull or quiet moment. Each family had their own bedroom and bathroom, a large eating area with kitchen, 2 living rooms, pool table, jaquzzi, 2 decks, and a beautiful view of the smokie mountains. Right over the hill from the house was the neighborhood pool. We all spent a lot of time relaxing by the pool and getting our tans on. Mom and Dad helped with babysitting, reading, and taking naps. Each family all took turns making a meal or 2 and there was always plenty of leftovers! Part of the time there we all went our separate ways and did our own thing. One night Long and I went to the Black Bear Jamboree for dinner and a show. We had a nice dinner and the show was excellent. We did a little shopping at the outlets, tried some southern cooking, went to a museum, and enjoyed a comedy show with the family the night before we all left. It was great having the family all together under one roof. And hope we can make this an annual event!!


Another event of the year was the christening of Long's nephew Gabriel Robert, born to Justin and Amy in Aug. Unfortunately Long was unable to go, so I represented our family. I came up and stayed with my in-laws for the weekend and came home after the baptism. It was a very short trip with lots of driving. The ceremony itself was short and sweet and then headed back to Amy's parents house for food and visiting. It was great seeing my niece and nephew as well as my brother and sister-in-law, wished there was more time to catch up. Gabe is getting so big and his big sister Jasmine just celebrated her 2nd birthday! They are growing like weeds ;-D



A milestone that Long and I reached this year was our 5th wedding anniversary (our anniversary pic is above)! God has been good to us this past year, though at times we were undeserving. We have both been stretched and challenged and at times it has been uncomfortable to go through it. But through it all it has brought us closer together and reminded us that God is Big Enough! We are excited to see what the New Year will bring...and know we will be together doing it.

Long is still working for Costco (6 years) and commuting an hour and a half back and forth. The drive is starting to wear on him, but we are grateful he has a job in this economy. I am still working for the same dental office, I celebrated 3 years in September. Looking forward to getting my 2 weeks of vacation starting in January. You know its the little things in life that make you happy. I have been asked to teach the dental assisting class again in January. I am grateful and looking forward to another year of teaching...hope this class is a good one!

On Dec. 28th Long and I will have been in Martinsburg for 3.5 years. At times we have felt homesick for PA, but God has blessed us with amazing friends who have become like family. If it weren't for them it would make living away unbearable. We have been getting involved with our church, making new friends, and are anxiously awaiting for new littles to be born in our circle of friends!

Sandwiched between 2 pregant ladies! lol

We hope you and your family have a Wonderful and Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We love you all!

No comments: